Note: If you haven’t reviewed the requirements page yet, you can do so here
How To Apply
Please have the following items ready:
- Government-Issued ID
- High School Diploma/GED or College Transcript or Degree
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Certification
- Childhood Vaccination Records or Bloodwork for Immunity
- Current TB Screening
- Current Flu Shot
- Two (2) Fingerprint Cards
Mat-Su CNA uses a software suite called Olympus to handle all applications, documents, etc. To fill out your application and upload the required documents, follow this link to Olympus
After You Apply
You will get a confirmation email when your application has been successfully submitted.
Contact us when you have completed the fingerprint cards if you did not submit them with your application. If you submitted the cards with your application, someone will contact you to set up an interview.
- Subject: Application Forms
- ATTENTION: CNA Instructor Angie Thursby, RN
- ATTN: CNA Instructor Angie Thursby, RN Mat-Su CNA Training Program
- 12130 E Maple Springs Way STE 300 Palmer, AK 99645
- Notify in person:
- Maple Springs of Palmer (12130 E Maple Springs Way)
- Enter through the first set of doors at the main entrance
- Bring two (2) completed Fingerprint Cards and your ID
- Come prepared to do the State of Alaska online Background Check
- Make sure your “myalaska” account is up to date
- Bring a method of payment for the $88.25 online fee
- Wear a mask
After the Interview
A decision on acceptance to the program will be made that day.
- Receive your acceptance letter and information for the next class rotation
- Find out where to go to be fitted for scrubs
- Find out information about drug screening and deadline to have that submitted
- Pay Tuition
- If you are receiving financial assistance for the cost of the program, please provide verification or communication regarding that aid.
- If you need the school to complete forms or provide you with information in order to submit, please let us know.
Prior to First Day of Class
- Send a digital image of yourself that you would like to use for your photo ID to MatSuCNA@gmail.com or text it to 907-802-1050.
- Your ID badge will allow you access in and out of the building.
- You will also need to wear your Student ID at all times while you are on-site at clinical facilities.
- Mat-Su Regional Medical Center Computer Access and Security Forms will be sent to you by email one to two weeks prior to Mat-Su CNA Orientation day. The forms will need to be reviewed, signed, and returned by the due date specified in the email.
First Day of Class
- Mat-Su CNA Training Program will follow state and CDC guidelines
- You will need to wear your mask appropriately at all times while you are in the building
- Social distancing will be observed while in the classroom
- Close contact will be as limited as possible while participating in the skills lab
- Please do a self assessment for COVID-19 symptoms each morning. If you are unwell or have had an exposure, contact your instructor and please do not come to class. If you have to miss class due to COVID-19 restrictions, you may join the lecture via Zoom.
- You will need to wear Mat-Su CNA scrubs each day of class, during skills lab, and during clinicals
- Solid color: black, white, gray, or neutral tones
- Closed heel and toe
- Tennis shoes or a clog type with a professional appearance
- The shoes do not have to be new, but they do need to be clean and in good shape.
- Bring a blue or black pen and paper or electronic device for taking notes.
- Textbook, stethoscope, blood pressure cuff, and scrubs will be purchased through Mat-Su CNA.
- You will have a 30 minute lunch break around noon each day.
- We do not have access to a refrigerator or microwave, so please plan ahead.